When it comes to marketing your medical spa, there are plenty of ways to do it—but in this day and age, it’s all about social media.
Social media is great for not only strengthening the relationships you have with existing clientele, but also for attracting new customers to the business. But while any med spa can set up an Instagram account, if you really want to capitalize on this valuable marketing opportunity, there’s a bit more to it.
If you want to know how to build one of the best medical spa Instagram accounts in the industry, here’s what you need to know…
Is Instagram good for social media marketing for spas?
As far as social media marketing for spas goes, Instagram would have to be one of the best platforms for one key reason—it’s visual.
Each social media platform is known for something different. While Facebook is great for keeping friends and family updated on what you’re up to, Twitter is ideal for staying abreast of the latest trends, news and events, LinkedIn is excellent for professional networking, and TikTok is perfect for sharing short videos.
Since Instagram was first launched in 2010, it has always primarily been about sharing visual content—something which most medical spa clientele value and relate to. Most medical spa clientele are highly concerned about their personal image, beauty and aesthetics, so it only makes sense that Instagram would be their preferred social media platform.
If you’re going to find med spa customers anywhere in the social media realm, there’s a good chance it’ll be on Instagram!
Things all the best medical spa Instagram accounts do well
If you want to use Instagram to your greatest advantage, understanding what works well for other medical spas is a great place to start.
Here are a few things we’ve found all the best medical spas do really well on Instagram…
- They use consistent themes and filters - With any form of visual content or branding, consistency is always key. Applying the same theme or filter to all your content will create a curated feed of images that complement each other and fit together beautifully.
- They use hashtags - Hashtags are essential if you want to get discovered by a new cohort of potential customers. While it might take a little research to work out what the best medical spa hashtags are for your business, they’re an effective way to expand your audience and build your online community.
- They publish attention-grabbing content - Invest time and effort into your content production to ensure you’re creating captivating posts that aren't just visually appealing, but also include thoughtful messages your audience will connect with. And don’t just stick to photos—video content is great for showcasing your services and building your brand.
- They use real-life customers - While stock images look great, viewers know they’re not real. Nothing is more powerful than seeing a real-life before and after example of the improvement a customer enjoyed from one of your treatments. Viewers will automatically think “if it did that for them, surely it will do the same for me!” Just make sure you seek prior written legal consent from any customers you plan to use on social media.
- They link to their website - Beyond merely capturing the attention of your target audience, you also need to encourage viewers to become paying customers. Linking your content to your website makes it easy for viewers to find out more about who you are, the services you provide, or book an appointment.
- They post regularly - An ad hoc approach to managing your med spa social media posts usually results in a stagnant page. Developing a content publishing calendar is a great way to keep you accountable and ensure you consistently produce a steady stream of interesting, engaging, sharable content.
Let’s take your online marketing to the next level…
Want to supercharge your online marketing? At MD Logica, we make it easy.
As specialists in every aspect of medical spa marketing, we’ll show you exactly what you need to do to build a strong brand for your medical spa, enhance your online presence, and most importantly, grow your business.
Contact us to get started.